Parking plus

All Volkswagen ID7 related discussions
futureID7

Post by futureID7 »

Hi,
Does anybody know if, as part of the parking plus feature, there is the ability to move the car forwards or backwards whilst standing outside the car - just like the Ioniq5 does. We have a very tight parking space and a bit of limited movement so this would really help us.

BueBak

Post by BueBak »

Hi futureID7,
I got my ID7 5 days ago. The Parking assist plus supports remote parking via an app ("Park Assist Pro") that you can download for your Iphone or android phone. The phone then works as a remote via bluetooth. There is a full description in the user manual and in the infotainment system. I haven't tried it yet, though ;-)
Unfortunately, you can only read the manual, when you have the VIN for your car
There are still some software issues with the car. Hopefully VW will sort them out in the near future. Otherwise, it seems like a fantastic car - the seats are great, driver assistance features among the best I've tried. I have been driving Tesla Model S for 3 years and then Tesla Model Y for one year - what lured me away from Tesla was the harsh suspension of the Model Y. The ID 7 has a very comfortable suspension - almost on par with the Mercedes EQE. The practicality of the ID7 boot made it a winner to me.